Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
9 March 2012
We revisit below, for the edification and delectation of our readers, a celebrated remark by Mrs Margaret Thatcher, the reactionary and iconoclastic UK Tory Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990. It was originally published in ‘Women’s Own’ magazine on 31 October 1987.
There is no such thing as Society. There are individual men and women, and there are families.
Comment by Antigone1984:
We suspect that the Mob might agree.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.