Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
18 March 2010
“These are my principles,” said Groucho Marx. “If you don’t like them, I have others.”
The essential attributes of the modern politician: no principles whatever and a big mouth with which to voice them coupled with an outsize ego and an unwavering determination to put one’s own personal advancement above all other considerations.
The essential attributes of the politician of old: exactly the same.
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.