Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
4 April 2012
Commenting on measures being adopted to ensure food and drink hygiene standards at the Olympic Games in London this summer, Sarah Appleby, head of enforcement at the UK’s Food Standards Agency, says in today’s Guardian: “We have so much fantastic food to showcase to Games visitors.” The main food and drink suppliers at the event will be games sponsors McDonald’s, Cadbury and Coca-Cola.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.