Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
1 Μay 2012
῾Εξηκοντούτης Διονύσιος ἐνθάδε κεῖμαι
Ταρσεύς , οὐ γήμας . αἴθε δὲ μήδ᾽ ὁ πατήρ .
Here I lie, Dionysius of Tarsus, sixty years old. I never married and I wish my father had not either.
Epitaph from the Greek Anthology
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.