Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
31 May 2012
ONE LAW FOR THE RICH, ANOTHER FOR THE POOR
The Greeks don’t seem to want to pay their taxes.
Christine Lagarde, director-general of the International Monetary Fund, has ordered them to do so.
Christine Lagarde has an annual salary of £300, 000 – that is to say, $460, ooo or €374,000.
Christine Largarde’s salary is tax-free.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.