Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
25 September 2012
Two headlines, one directly above the other, on BBC news online today:
1. Obama “loves and misses teaching”
2. US drones “traumatise Pakistanis”
It seems that Barack Obama wants to return to teaching when his stint as US president is over.
What’s he going to teach them?
[As regular readers will be aware, we had technical problems in Barcelona, which prevented us from posting during our recent trip there. A rift with major political implications has just opened in Catalonia between the autonomous regional authority and Spain’s national government. We shall post on this in due course.]
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question(3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices(2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat(31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.