Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
31 October 2012
Question: Hospital power systems failed in New York yesterday during super-storm “Sandy” but the lights in the Goldman Sachs building stayed on. Why?
Answer: Because Goldman Sachs is a global investment bank, but a hospital – well, it’s just a hospital.
This aperçu – reworded in our version – comes from a piece by Stephen Moss in today’s London Guardian.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.