Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
17 December 2012
There can be few people who listen to the news that do not known that last Friday 14 December 2012 twenty-year-old Adam Lanza shot dead 7 adults and 20 children, aged between 6 and 7, at Sandy Hook elementary school near Newtown in Connecticut.
Not as many will know that a bare two days later, down the road in nearby New Milford, Connecticut, it was business as usual at Shooters pistol range. One marksman brought his young son along, as a treat, for target practice.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.