Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
20 January 2013
Hail to chief!
Barack Hussein Obama, the outgoing President of the United States, is formally inaugurated today 20 January 2013 – as the next President of the United States.
President from 2009 to 2013, Obama now begins a second term of office that will last another four years until 20 January 2017.
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1961, Obama is the 44th President of the United States.
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose: Obama is replaced – by Obama!
One can at least be pleased that that the new President, a Democrat, is not Mitt Romney, the Republic presidential candidate who failed to unseat him.
But that does not take us very far.
As far as Obama is concerned, past form does not entitle us to high hopes.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.