Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
24 November 2014
“Life has no purpose, any more than a tree or a symphony has a purpose.”
Columnist Tim Lott pondering, in the London Guardian on 22 November 2014, how to respond to his eight-year-old daughter Louise, who had asked him what is the point of living.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
- Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
- Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
- The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
- Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
- Ladder (21 June 2012)
- A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
- A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
- Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.