Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
14 February 2015
“Thank God, I’m an atheist.”
Luis Buñuel (1900-1993), Spanish film director.
Unfortunately, the actual words used by Buñuel were slightly less in-your-face than they are in the snappier version above. The original quote appeared in the French newspaper Le Monde on 16 December 1959: “Grâce à Dieu, je suis toujours athée” (“Thanks to God, I am still an atheist”). Still, a fair point.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
- Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
- Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
- The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
- Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
- Ladder (21 June 2012)
- A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
- A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
- Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.