Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
16 March 2010
CONFERENCES TO BE HELD AS LONG AS THE SLAUGHTER CONTINUES
A cunning ploy to halt the carnage in Syria has been revealed in a scoop by the UK satirical magazine Private Eye.
In its edition of 9 to 22 March 2012, it has the following world exclusive:
The final communiqué of an international conference in Tunisia has warned President Assad of Syria that the international community is prepared to hold another conference if the bloodshed doesn’t end.
“President Assad needs to understand that we’ll continue to hold huge conferences and we won’t stop until every last man, woman and child has been slaughtered in Homs,” said an angry Hillary Clinton.
Antigone1984: That’ll learn them!
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Das Vierte Reich/The Fourth Reich (6 Feb 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
5. What would Gandhi have said? (30 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.