Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
3 November 2012
LET’S HEAR IT FOR BIG GOVERNMENT
The following letter from Paul Hewitson in Berlin was published in the London Guardian on 31 October 2012:
Given that the consequences of Hurricane Sandy are being dealt with by firefighters, police, transport staff, soldiers and other public sector workers, will the Republicans still quote with approval Ronald Reagan’s witticism: “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.