Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
4 November 2012
DEPENDS WHERE YOU LIVE
The following letter from Peter McKenna in Liverpool was published in the London Guardian on 31 October 2012:
Is Sandy, the hurricane now threatening the US and at the forefront of our media, by any chance related to the hurricane, also called Sandy, which recently took 69 lives in Haiti, Cuba and other Caribbean countries, but which was not similarly newsworthy?
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.