Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
2 February 2013
Apart from cheese and tulips, Holland’s main product is advocaat, a drink made from lawyers.
Alan Coren (1938-2007), British author.
Today’s citation is part of an occasional series in which we focus on the main characteristics of countries belonging to the European Union.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.