Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
7 February 2013
“BEYONCE ORDERS IMAGE CHANGE”
While checking out breaking news on the BBC website on the budget of the 27-nation European Union budget for the next seven years (2014-2020) – a decision on which has just been agreed today by the European Council – we alight, to the side of the text we are reading, upon the headline above (which has attracted more readers than the decision on the European budget).
Our questions are these:
Is the headline above the most unimportant news item in the history of humanity?
Is it not, at the very least, a candidate for the least interesting development ever recorded in Guinness Book of Records?
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.