Editorial note: If you have not yet read our mission statement above, please do so in order that you can put our blogs in context.
10 February 2013
“The meaning of life is that it stops.”
This is the punchline of a cartoon in the London Guardian on 9 February 2013 entitled “Baking with Kafka. This week: lemon drizzle cake”. No, don’t ask. We haven’t got a clue.
Reminds us of a story about the philosopher who wrote a book called “The Secret of Hegel” about the notoriously hermetic German sage. A critic reviewing it said that the secret had been well kept.
You might perhaps care to view some of our earlier posts. For instance:
1. Why? or How? That is the question (3 Jan 2012)
2. Partitocracy v. Democracy (20 July 2012)
3. The shoddiest possible goods at the highest possible prices (2 Feb 2012)
4. Capitalism in practice (4 July 2012)
5.Ladder (21 June 2012)
6. A tale of two cities (1) (6 June 2012)
7. A tale of two cities (2) (7 June 2012)
8. Where’s the beef? Ontology and tinned meat (31 Jan 2012)
Every so often we shall change this sample of previously published posts.